Thursday, April 7, 2016

Welcome back viewers, this is probably going to be the most lengthy post I'll ever make on this Blog so be prepared. This post is on the on the events of our Sunday shooting.

So to start with I knew in advance that something would go wrong, something always does go wrong, and today was no exception. Two hours before filming I texted everyone involved to make sure they were ready to go, and right away we ran into our first dilemma, Darren responded with the words "I can't go, something came up". That's probably the worst phrase you could hear mourning of the only day you have to shoot a majority of your scenes, but regardless I stayed calm. Plenty of other people could push the Daly and so I asked my dad, who was already going to drop the device off for me at the filming location anyway, to help.
While my dad is on the way to our filming location, I stop by Kim's house and then my friends house to grab the camera and quickly toast the waffles, which was a lot harder than you would think. Before Sunday I had never had just a strong hate for any inanimate object but today i can say without a doubt toaster ovens are the most god awful invention on the planet. Toasting the waffles somehow took nearly 15 minutes and we were almost late to our own production.Sadly the stress didn't end there. Once we arrived to the restaurant we got settled in and waited. Before long it had already passed the agreed upon time we were suppose to start filming and restaurant wasn't even opened. Finally after 20 minutes awaiting Dario arrived and let us in and thankfully after that everything went smoothly.
   Everyone was extremely professional through the whole filming process, especially Yana who did an amazing job playing Jude. Even with the stress and time constraints placed on us I feel like everyone was able to put the right amount of dedication and energy into their role and because of that we managed to finish all of our shooting in that one day. Not everything was able to be done exactly how we wanted, for example we didn't get to do the trunk scene the same way I imagined it in the story board and we weren't able to do the window scene either due to the lighting outside but overall I liked what we did and I can say without a doubt I'm proud of the group as a whole.

Even though we were pressed on time we still had fun with filming and I don't think anyone ever allowed the stress to get to them. Since most of footage we took won't be seen in our final product I want to show you guys an outtake we had that makes me laugh every time I watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment