Saturday, March 26, 2016

Welcome back and hello, this is Blog post number 5.

Today I'm going to be focusing on some more minor updates within the film making process the first of which being our music choice. 

If you  looked at the story board from my last post you've probably noticed that the last shot was simply the title card, Mantis. The story board does a terrible job of showing it but that show\t and 2 others before it are one continues shot zooming out, and during this shot we planned to implement a song that we think would enhance the scene. After analyzing the storyboard we got together as a group and suggested a pool of songs that we thought would fit. The only real criteria we had set was that it needed to have an instrumental opening of some kind, but i also personally wanted a classic rock song. here's the list we put together of our possible choices. 
Angel of Small Death and the Codeine Scene by Hozier
The Big Bang by Rock Mafia
How You Like Me Now by The Heavy
Paper Planes by M.I.A
Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners
Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
I Can't Decide by Scissor Sisters

Nick Dwyer-
Layla by Derek & The Dominos
Roxanne by The Police
Just Dropped In by Kenny Rogers
Lamp Shade On Fire by Modest Mouse
Crosstown Traffic by Jimmy Hendrix
Voodoo Child by Jimmy Hendrix
Purple Haze by Jimmy Hendrix

Daren Naville-
Dream On by Aerosmith
Head Band by B.O.B
Bugatti by Ace Hood
Love Me by Lil Wayne
Alright by Logic
Fucking Problem by A$AP Rocky

Final Decisions-
Angel of Small Death and the Codeine Scene by Hozier
Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners
Voodoo Child by Jimmy Hendrix
Layla by Derek & The Dominos
Dream On by Aerosmith
In the end we all agreed on the song Layla, by Derek and The Dominoes, and I couldn't be happier about the song choice since its one of my all time favorite songs. The only concerns I have are that the intro might muffle the sounds we want to emphasize that there is a person in the drunk of the car but I have faith that we can work around that in post production. 

Another thing I wanted to talk about in this post was our possible choice of settings. Since the beginning I've had my heart set on filming in a restaurant, and unfortunately that is easier said than done. There are two possible locations I had in mind when we wrote this scene, Bellini Italian Bistro and La Torretta. My number one choice is Bellini  because I thought of this very scene some time ago when I still worked there and I still maintain a good relationship with the owners. Sometime this week I plan on discussing with the owner weather or not we will allow me to film there during the morning hours before the restaurant is open, although I'm good friends with him but there's still a good chance he won't go for it. Hopefully I'll be able to convince that we won't be intrusive during our time filming. If Bellini doesn't work out La Torretta  is our backup. Unfortunately the chances of owner allowing us to film their are about the same as they would be at Bellini, but I have faith one of them will allow us to film before they open. That's all for this post, hopefully next time ill have updates on the situation with Bellini or La Torretta.  
   

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea of filming at a restaurant, I think it will be a cool and different setting and it will also be a challenge! The only thing I gotta say is that you should prove read before posting because you have some spelling mistakes. But either way, your blog is nice!

    ReplyDelete